Please work on understanding all the concepts and then pick only 3 of each to work on (3 Entries, 3 Escapes, 3 Submissions and 3 Submissions Escapes)
- READ THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BEFORE STARTING CLASS
- Day 1 – Concepts/Entries (Read the Concepts – Watch the full video before class. Find 3 Entries)
- Day 2 – Escapes (Review the 3 Variations and Pick 3 Transitions. Watch the full video before class)
- Day 3 – Submissions (Re-Watch the Transition Videos and Pick 3 Sweeps. Watch the full video before class)
- Day 4 – Submission Escapes (Re-Watch the Sweeps Videos and Pick 3 Passes. Watch the full video before class)
- Day 5 – Review – (Go over all 3 Variations, Transitions, Sweeps, Passes, Submissions and Combos)
- Day 6 – Create 3 full sequences from each category
- Guard Pull – 50/50 Sweep – Top – Submit
- Takedown – Pass the 50/50 Guard – Submit
- Pull – 50/50 Guard – Submission from 50/50
The 50/50 is a leg entanglement with your inside leg over their inside leg and your outside leg locking over your inside leg. The trapped heel is on the inside of your body. It is a neutral position because you have both have the same leg pinching on one of theirs. Essentially it is Single Leg X or Ashi with the inside leg over and on the ground.
- Upper body weight is over the elbow
- Layover top the submission
- Eliminate space
- Try to keep your butt tight to theirs
- 50/50 to Double Ashi
- 50/50 to Saddle
- 50/50 to 80/20
- Opponent standing to 50/50
- Passing Guard to 50/50
- Ankle Lock to Heel Hook
- You are working to be on the same side as the outside leg so your head will be near the mat.
- Your outside leg goes over you inside leg either crossed or feet together
- Your inside leg goes over their inside of the trapped leg pinching on the trapped leg.
- Hide your inside foot by having under their far leg or under their butt.
- Your “Knee Grip” will be pinching the legs together.
- Your “Arm Grip” will be on your opponent’s inside leg ankle.
- As with most leg lock positions you are looking to stay close. With your butt scooting close to their butt. Trying to keep your arms and head out of their reach.
Opponents Submission Setups
- Opponent dropping back from your open guard into 50/50
- Opponent dropping into Imanari Roll from open guard into 50/50
Opponents Sweeps Setups
- Your opponent will be looking to pop your inside leg to transition to the mount position from here so you need to not allow your heel to be compromised by keeping it in their thigh and not allowing them to get control of your head or arm. Try to stay on your strong side meaning your outside leg on the bottom. They will try to get you to the other side so they can hop over the inside leg.
- Your weight needs to be extending on the inside leg. Leaning on your inside arm. You are usually sitting up or on your side.
Ideal Body Type
- Works for all body types
- The outside leg on the hip keeping them from coming up
- Your inside leg on the thigh keeping them from coming up
Pro Grappler to Review
- Ryan Hall
- Gabriel Arges