- Keep your head on the opposite side of the choking side.
- Head positioning from the bottom is not super important. Try to Get your head on the opposite side of the choking hand.
- Depending on the variation but mostly your legs will be around the hips
- Your feet should be inside their legs not crossed. Heels pulling back slightly.
- You should have your feet together for the most part working as one unit. Trying to pummel inside their feet with your knees.
- Double Lapel Control
- Double Wrist Control
- Danaher Series
- Direct Cross Side Control
- Indirect Same Side Control
- Indirect Cross Side Control
- Estima Back Control (Next Edge Only name)
- Arm Trap – In a seatbelt position with your opponent’s arm trapped. You should trap the one on the same side as your over arm.
- Normally don’t grip. Create the movement with your hips and trap their arms with your arms and hands.
- Be Super tight and control the hips
- You want to create a lot of space.
Opponents Submission Setups
From Opponent on Inside
- Toe Hold on one of your inside feet
- Ankle lock if feet are crossed
From the Outside
- Your weight needs to be on your butt for the most part or on a side
- Do not allow your opponent to separate from you.
- Stay with the chest on their back
- Your weight will be on the mat but you can manipulate it by getting off to the side and using your hips to escape
Ideal Body Type
Pro Grappler to Review