This position usually comes off of side control. So you or your opponent goes from side control to North South
Why would I end up here?
A person usually gets to North South from Side Control. If someone starts to defend side control you will see people switch to North South for more control.
What can I do from here?
Kimura from North South
Knee inside escape from North South
What should I be thinking from top?
- Apply Heavy Pressure on the chest of your opponent.
- Keep the head tight. Distance between their body and your face means space to work.
What should I be thinking from bottom?
- Try to get your opponent off your chest without extending your arms.
- Determine if where your arms are at. Are they on the inside or on the outside and use the correct escape for that situation.
- Use your knees to push the head to a side and pummel your arms inside.
What is some additional information I should know?
- Keep your head in the belly
- Try to get your head out from under them.
- Driving weight intro your opponent on your toes
- Try to keep your knees inside their arms
- Try to get inside the arms or under the armpits
- Arms tight stopping them at the biceps
- Try to stay as tight as possible to opponents chest
- Try to create distance so you can move your hips
Opponents Submission Setups
From Opponent on Bottom
From the Top
- Be heavy on top
- Try to put their weight on your arms and knees
Ideal Body Type