WATCH THE FULL VIDEOS BEFORE CLASS!!
Top and Bottom Concepts (MUST REVIEW!!)
- Half Guard to Closed Guard (Hip Escape)
- Butterfly Guard to Closed Guard (Swing Feet Out)
- De La Riva to Closed Guard (Pull them Down)
- Bottom Mount to Closed Guard (Hip Escape)
- Bottom Side Control to Closed Guard (Hip Escape)
A big concept to understand in sweeps is to understand if your sweep relies on them going forward or back. In other words some sweeps like Scissor or Push sweep you want your opponent driving into you. Some you want them pulling away from you.
Basic Guard Breaks
Split Leg Passes