Deep Half is a position primarily started by a team called Paragon with Bill Cooper and Jeff Glover. The concept is that you are directly under your opponents leg making it difficult to attack and easy to sweep.
- Turn your knee down
- Control the inside arm
- Stay flat
- Keep your arms in tight
- Keep your opponent’s knee pointed to the ceiling
- Do Not allow them to put their knee on the mat
- Your head should be just inside their thigh
- You can have your legs in one of these configurations
- One Leg over one under
- Both Over
- Both Under (Must have a tight control on the knee)
- Hide your arms
- Pinch tight on the leg
- Inside the arm
- Gi Jacket
- You will be super tight to them
Opponents Submission Setups
- Your opponent will look to control your arm and Kimura or armbar you
- Your weight needs to be leaning heavily on your non-trapped leg.
Ideal Body Type
- Works for all body types.
Pro Grappler to Review
- Jeff Glover