Double Outside Ashi is a leg entanglement with both of your legs over one of theirs. It is a superior grip because you have both legs pinching on one of theirs.
Micro Drills Overview
|Outside Position Drills||Inside Position Drills|
|Level 1||Ashi to DBL Outside Ashi||Heel In|
|Double Outside Ashi to 50/50||Connect your feet together|
|Level 2||Knock Them Over||Leg Pull Apart and Roll Out|
|Straight Ankle Lock||Stop the back arm with your hands|
|Level 3||Heel Hook||Stop the back arm with your heel|
|Estima Lock||Stop the back arm with your foot under bicep|
|Level 4||Toe Hold||DBL Outside Ashi to the Back|
- Inside leg foot stands on the hip
- Upper body weight is over the elbow
- Layover top the submission
- Eliminate space
- Go straight ankle to Heel Hook
You are working to be on the same side as the outside leg so your head will be near the mat.
- Both legs will be over one of their legs with your leg being the bottom leg of the three.
- Feet can be straight or ideally your bottom foot over top your top foot.
- Feet can also be both feet on the bottom hip
- Hide your legs by having your leg on the bottom.
Your “Knee Grip” will need to be tight about their knee pinching in.
Your “Arm Grip” will be on your opponents bottom ankle.
As with most leg lock positions you are looking to stay close. With your butt scooting close to their butt. Trying to keep your arms and head out of their reach.
Still need information.
Your weight needs to be leaning heavily on your bottom leg. You are completely on your side.
Ideal Body Type
Works for all body types
- Hips going into your opponents leg
- Both feet on the hips
- Arm high on your opponents leg
Pro Grappler to Review
- Eddie Cummings