1. I understand that by signing this Waiver and Release, I expressly and willingly agree to assume complete responsibility for any risk of injury to me or my child that may arise from the below-related activity. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved in this activity.
2. On behalf of myself, my heirs, assigned and next of kin, I waive all claims for damages, injuries and death sustained to me, my child or my property that I may have against Next Edge Academy of Martial Arts relating to such activity, whether caused by their negligence or other acts.
3. I understand that the activities that l or my child will participate in are inherently-dangerous, and may cause serious injuries, including bodily injury, damage to personal property and/or death.
4. I understand that due to the nature of the combat sports I or my child participate in, my child or I am at higher chance of contracting an airborne illness or skin infection. This includes but is not limited to Staph, MRSA, ringworm, Covid-19, flu and common colds.
5. I understand that my child or I need to shower and practice good hygiene before and after training to help reduce the risk of spreading disease. I will alert management if my child or I test positive for any known contagious disease.
6. In consideration of being permitted to participate in fitness or martial arts classes, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which my child or I might incur as a result of participating in the classes, including but not limited to receiving lessons at the facility, using the facility and its equipment practicing and engaging in martial arts activities, and related activities on and off the school premises.
7. I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim my child or I may have against Next Edge Academy of Martial Arts for injury, illness or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program.
8. My child or I do not have any physical limitations, medical ailments, physical or mental disabilities that would limit or prevent me from participating in the above-mentioned activity and if required, will obtain a medical examination and clearance.
9. I have read and fully agree to the terms of this waiver and release.
10. I have signed this waiver freely, voluntarily, under no duress or threat of duress, without inducement, promise or guarantee being communicated to me.
11. My signature is proof at my intention to execute a complete and unconditional waiver and release of all liability to the full extent of the law.
I am 18 years of age or older and mentally competent to grant this waiver.